Frequently Asked Questions
How is the Toilet Paper Valet Installed?
What are the dimensions of the Toilet Paper Valet?
How do I care for my new pen?
Congratulations! You are the owner of a high quality, Mount Airy Woodcraft custom writing instrument, please take a minute to learn how to preserve the beauty and quality of your pen.
Your pen is not just a gift or just a pen, think of it as a work of art. Your pen is made from real wood and needs the same care as any fine wood product. Follow these instructions to ensure years of beauty and enjoyment.
- Keep your pen from extremes of heat and humidity, i.e., do not leave it in the car glove box, etc. Wood and can split under extreme temperature conditions.
- Do not leave the pen in direct sunlight, this can fade or change the color of many woods species.
- Do not immerse in water. Your pen is sealed and finished with several hard and durable finish layers and in some cases, a protective coating of wax. Use a soft cloth to buff up the wax as needed. Occasionally, re-wax your pen with a light coat of a good quality furniture wax. A very good wax is clear boot wax or any of the clear paste type waxes.
- Do not use any cleaning agents. Never use any kind of abrasive pad to clean your pen. Never use any cleaning or finishing product that contains abrasives, cleaning agents or alcohol. Car waxes and many household waxes & cleaners have fine abrasives or harsh cleaning solvents and these should not be used.
- Most pens disassemble at the center ring to allow replacement of the pen refill. Some pull apart and others unscrew. Be sure you check the specific instructions below for your pen before trying to change your refill.
Changing your Ink Cartridge - Slimline Twist Style Pens
Slim Line twist pens use a standard Cross style refill. It can be replaced by pulling the pen apart at the center band. The fit is very tight so you may have to use considerable force to separate the upper and lower barrels. Be very careful that you do not flex the pen while trying to pull it apart. When separated the center ring may be loose and could fall off if you turn the pen upside down so be careful not to lose it. After separating the sections unscrew the old refill and screw in the new one.
Lightly place the top back onto the twist mechanism, note the grain pattern and align the top and bottom so that they match. When the grain is aligned push the two halves together until they meet at the center band.